Selfies, ec Show more
Went to my first drag show, so now I'm posting my first selfie[s]! Bad news: I botched my beard while trying to give myself a line up so I had to shave it all off. Good news: I rediscovered my jawline. Kinda forgot about it.
Sun Elf Clothing inspo - femme edition:
1) Common clothing - A Habesha kemis. Textured cotton dress with embroidery along the neckline, down the torso, the midsection of the skirt, and along the hemline of the skirt
2) Noble Clothing - An image of Princess Emma Bakayishonga of Rwanda. She wears a short-sleeve shirt and ankle-length skirt beneath a cloth drapped around her torso
3) Royal Clothing
- a] An image of the wife of a queen of Accra, originating before 1917, most likely Ga ethnicity. Similar to the clothing of the Asantehene: a patterned cloth drapped around her person somewhat like a toga, no chest exposed.
- b] A patterned maxi dress made to look as if it is draped fabric. Asymmetrical strap, excess fabric falling over one shoulder. (etsy link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/269997146/monostrap-ankara-maxi-dress)
Sun Elf Clothing inspo - masc edition:
1) Common clothing - West African (in this example, Nigerian) long sleeve shirt/tunic with matching pants. Shirt embroidered down the midsection and on the sleeves
2) Noble Clothing - An image of Lawson, king of Anécho [Aného] from 1933. Wearing an embroidered shirt with fine fabric sashed around his waist and draped around his torso
3) Royal Clothing - An artist's depiction of Asantehene Osei Tutu. Kente cloth drapped around his person somewhat like a toga, partial chest exposed.
Stardew Valley is now out for Android and I will never be productive again. #stardewvalley
The sub-Saharan Sun Elf write up continues (without a hashtag). I need some input. Despite it being very against sub-saharan African ideals, I want to make this genderqueer-friendly because this is mine and fuck the alternative.
There's this concept that was introduced in the official books recently: the "Blessed of Corellon" (full description in the pic). Yet, the notion of them having to *look* androgynous to be blessed feels weird. (Yet, they're elves so aren't they already pretty androgynous?) Any suggestions to make it more open?
It's been some time since I determined to grow some sprouted garlic and onions. I've put all of them in shallow cups of water to get some rootage in hopes that the ground would that out soon. Well, the good news is that the roots are here and plentiful. The bad news is that there's snow on the ground.
Either I have to freely acquire some soil and containers or hold out until the big thaw, whenever that is
food, self care Show more
Me: *in bed, hungry and depressed*
I'm in a D&D campaign with my boyfriend as the DM. For the sake of sanity (trust me) I made an initiative tracker by using a magnetic whiteboard as a base. From there I took little cardstock cards and made space for the character's name as well as for Hit Points, Armor Class, and Passive Perception. Then I laminated them (with the lamination sleeve and an iron) and added magnetic tape to the back. Pretty easy fix!
I made a good number of blank cards and then, being the excessive person that I am, asked each player to customize their character's card. They all were finally done tonight and I'm pretty psyched about them. #diy #dnd
So I tore apart this storage bed that was falling apart and, being me, I thought "I should #upcycle this." I am left with 2 types of elements: 2 pieces of unveneered particleboard and 2 drawers with an espresso veneer on the front. I wanna use the particleboard for a desk I wanna make, but they're bowed in the middle. Any tips, especially on unwarping the particleboard? Check the photos for really shitty measurements because I can't find my measuring tape. #diy #upcycling #craft
I have never had a defined "style" other than jeans and a t-shirt but have been pulled between everything I like (alt, vintage, earthy, every single gdbee portrait). Through all this I've carried a love for a celestial aesthetic and saved multiple looks that feature stars and moons, but I stumbled on this today and this is exactly how I want to look for the rest of my life
Soft Black Girl, geeky, crafty, dreams of building a self-sustaining intentional community.
profile pic by Geneva B. (gdbee on Instagram)
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.