Instead of saving these to my hard drive, I'm putting them here now. Maybe someone might find them interesting?
• Phosop, Thai goddess of rice
• Eastern vs Western culture about wearing face masks
• Cosmism – early 20th century Russian philosophical and cultural movement
• Orrery, showing positions of planets and other solar system objects for any specified date
• Thailand's philosophy of sustainable living
• Patterned Cucuteni figurine crafted over 5000 years ago https://www.archaeology.org/issues/109-1311/features/tattoos/1349-cucuteni-figurine-romania-neolithic
• Burkinabé cuisine
• The Three Sisters: Native American companion planting technique using corn, beans, and squash
• 17 chefs describe their favourite way to cook fava beans
• This stunning photograph of the Moon, by astrophotographer Andrew McCarthy
• Toss a Coin to Your Witcher – Rock cover version by Violet Orlandi
• Plant hormones
• Complete map of Middle Earth (canon, but not made by Tolkein himself)
• Kvass – a traditional slavic drink made from fermented rye bread
• Fake leather made from kombucha cultures, which can be made into seamless clothing
• Kimiya-yi Sa'ādat (The Alchemy of Happiness), English translated 12th century manuscript by Persian philosopher Al-Ghazālī
• Sanskrit manuscript of the Lotus sutra, written in ancient Brahmi script
• How to increase serotonin in the human brain without drugs
• The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking – first chapter readable online
• An Assessment of Buddhist Eco-Philosophy
• Achiote (Mexican/Caribbean cooking ingredient)
• Recipe for cochinita pibil
• Joe Hisaishi Budokan Studio Ghibli 25 Years Concert
• Recipe for piroshki
• Gorgeous Hubble image of galaxy NGC 2985
• Atomic Gardening: Breeding Plants With Gamma Radiation
• Poland's crooked forest
• Tapirs are known as the "gardeners of the forest" and they could help the Amazon to recover
• A sonnet read by Patrick Stewart
• Norway investigates seaweed farming
• 13 pierogi fillings
• Cats with strangely human-like faces
• 黑苦荞茶 (Chinese buckwheat tea which I 💚)
• The effect of global warming on US wildfires
• 花言葉 (The Japanese language of flowers)
• Interesting article on cooking in Dharavi, a poverty stricken area in Mumbai, and how people eat well on a shoestring budget
• Guide to LGBTQ+ symbols
• From the Mixed-Up History of Mrs., Miss, and Ms.
• Clover lawns
• Foods that start with X
• Drømmekage recipe
• La maison de la violette
• A weird cloud on Mars
• Göbekli Tepe, possibly the world's oldest building
• 2500 year old tattoos of the Siberian Ice Maiden
• Indigenous Amazonian leader Nemonte Nenquimo named among world's most influential 100 people
• Muisca Art
• How big must a building/spaceship be to create an indoor weather system?
• Platonic Intimacy
• Photosynthesis on Exoplanets and Exomoons from Reflected Light
• Geosmin scented perfumes
• Laser speckle
• XL-Muse Black Mirrors library
• Palaeontology and ancient plant pigments
@InvaderXan Your bookmark thread has been bookmarked, thank you!
@InvaderXan Dowloaded article on Buddist eco-philosophy.
@InvaderXan I can add some too!
Recipes for some of my favourite foods that I haven't been able to get at a market for years! Saved!
@zzz Availability of certain things varies wildly depending on where you are, it would seem!
@InvaderXan well piroshki are a little tricky to find in Oxford vs Brooklyn
@InvaderXan I've thought about trying my hand at kvass. I never had it but it sounds like an interesting bit of kitchen science.
@ewankeep Fermentation is always fun!
@InvaderXan I, too have been following plant/fungus leather substitutes! I've found people doing interesting things with mycelium to grow plastics and 'leather.'
@ewankeep Yeah, all of these alternative fabrics are very interesting. I hope they catch on
I especially like the kombucha faux leather!
seems like a lot of work to make it, but so is turning animal skin into leather.
plants and fungi are the future! 💚
@StroomAfwaarts I've seen quite a few things like this recently. Another involved turning waste orange peels into fabric
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.