Christchurch shooting mention Show more
One of the things being suggested in some of the "ways you can help" lists I've seen is volunteering to teach English to refugees. But I don't know if these requests are coming from the Muslim community or somewhere else.
I just feel it's inappropriate to suggest people wouldn't have been shot if they'd ~assimilated better~ or whatever. If they'd like the lessons to make their lives here easier then I'd be more than happy to help, but those requests had better be coming from the community, not white folks on the outside.
Fundraising, reference to shooting Show more
If you are able to share monetary support, the Masjid at-Taqwa NZ has organised this fundraiser:
shooting, islamophobia Show more
I really want to do things to help but I have no idea what to do to help. I'm going to call the Islamic info centre tomorrow I think and ask, because it's hard for me to figure out where the line is about what's just selfish desire to make me feel better about it and what's actually helpful.
My request as a Muslim & fellow human:
The New Zealand terrorists live streamed their terrorist attack with specific hopes you watch it & share it.
Do Not Give Them A Platform.
Suffocate their hate. Suffocate their hate. Suffocate their hate.
Terrorism, New Zealand Show more
Throwing a warning out here: There's been two coordinated shootings at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand today. One of the shooters livestreamed everything on Facebook, video and images are spreading on FB and Twitter.
Be extremely careful. Make sure video autoplay is turned off, and that sensitive media warnings are enabled. Do not voluntarily watch the video, read any of the shooters' manifesto, or follow links to 4chan/8chan. Make sure friends and family are aware.
Shooting, hate crime Show more
There is an active shooting incident in my city at the moment specifically targeting mosques and all my fellow white coworkers keep saying they're surprised, that they never thought it'd happen here. I just feel like that's... Naive. They're not paying attention. It can happen anywhere.
Own The Change: Building Economic Democracy One Worker Co-op at a Time
A short, practical guide for those considering worker owned cooperatives, made by GRITtv & TESA, the Toolbox for Education and Social Action. Featuring conve...
Working in a hardware store has really shown me how much we need #OpenStructures
We have a whole wall of sockets for socket wrenches, around two dozen imperial and two dozen metric, and the differences between them are so minuscule that people have no choice but to bring the thing in and just keep trying sockets until one fits. And that's not even mentioning the whole aisle of different screws and nails. 90% of this stuff could just not exist, since they serve the exact same purpose as the other 10%
love is stored in the toot Show more
I'm still struggling to pay my rent (and food) this month, I didn't think I'd have to ask again but heh capitalism.
Sooo if you want to help you can either:
- buy something from my shop https://anaisfae.art/shop
- support me on ko-fi https://ko-fi.com/anaisfae
- boost this toot
Thanks a lot 💙
RE my habit of getting excited over tiny things:
I HAD A BEE IN MY GARDEN!!!
Several bees in fact. They've been dropping by all afternoon.
They're rude bees, too; one stopped long enough for me to snap some pics, and later I found that she stuck out her tongue at the camera. Cheeky lil bumblebutt.
Fwiw, bees are a rarity in my area; I'm close to the city so pollinators in general just don't seem to be about. So this was just plain nice to see :D
PSA the govt is seeking feedback on the recommendations from New Zealand’s third Universal Periodic Review (UPR) at the Human Rights Council in Geneva at https://consultations.justice.govt.nz/policy/663eef5f/
I updated my Patreon a bit. I've just got a $1 tier at the moment while I work out what I'm doing. I post a lot of stuff publicly anyway, so do follow me for free <3 https://www.patreon.com/carapesque
whining, hospitals Show more
this is the second weekend in a row I've spent mostly at the hospital for other people. I've had a headache literally all week with a few spots of advil-aided relief, probably from stress. our lease ends in 1 month and I haven't found a new place for us to live yet. I feel like I need another weekend to recover from my weekends.
actually a lion - they/them - 26
living in Aotearoa - New Zealand
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.