@uranther kind of amazing that a minor gag in an old comedy is one of the most cogent political statements I've seen in art in my life
Real talk.. The "Repressed Citizen" scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail is probably where I first learned about #anarchy and what got me interested in anarcho-syndicalism.
They eat weeds and fertilize the soil to make way for grass and other garden-type plants. They also eat weeds *before* they eat grass.
No viable seeds survive their ruminant guts.
As commenter Jose Benitez writes, "It's kinda funny that with all our technology we are now realizing and relearning the old ways are not so bad after all."
Goats go where and do what chemicals and machines cannot.
After technological disenchantment, we are forced to re-learn ancient wisdom.
“Education must enable a man to become more efficient, to achieve with increasing facility the legitimate goals of his life. Education must also train one for quick, resolute and effective thinking. To think incisively and to think for one’s self is very difficult…A great majority of the so-called educated people do not think logically and scientifically.” -Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
it's time for my favourite game, Windows or Capitalism, where we try to guess whether a statement applies to windows or capitalism
- it's obnoxiously expensive for no reason
- corporate monopolies allow the big companies to stamp out alternatives and present themselves as the only option, driving up prices to ridiculous levels
- you are constantly pressured to spend money. in fact, if you don't have money, you can't participate at all
- advertisements are a fundamental element of the system
- most people who have souls despise it, but remain complacent because "what are the alternatives? this is the way things are"
- the mere mention of the names of alternatives disgusts many people
- the people in charge don't give a shit about you
trick question!! all of these statements apply to windows AND capitalism!!!!!
Original tweet: https://twitter.com/HumansOfLate/status/1087294748136751104
"A Document to Help You Start a Tech Cooperative" from the folks at the tech cooperative Feel Train
that's just so fucked up “We waste more food than we consume.” https://www.thestar.com/life/2019/01/17/study-finds-more-than-half-of-food-produced-in-canada-wasted.html