"Cherish your modem. It is the magic gate into *cyberspace*, a place much more satisfying than what they call the real world." - The Real Cyberpunk Fake Book (1995), page 59
It's also very helpful when you feel like failure or giving up, often this is a quick.
USB flash drive where the business model lies.
Since then, the number of concerns that have been impossible if not impossible, and in the office, which isn't a thing.
(turns out I’m much funnier through a Markov chain python script).
tired: properly fixing software bugs
wired: using TLS as a generic internet condom and praying that a root certificate authority is never compromised by … hang on … you say CNNIC Root CA was a front for the Chinese government the whole time?
PS. While we’re at it, let’s entrust all our freedom of speech to Google also.
A slight ramble, slight preachy update to my newsletter: https://buttondown.email/jackyalcine/archive/9bf3c514-35f3-46e2-814d-dcc1a7c0eb67
Working on a new chassis for #rainpsc. Needed something simpler to get the cluster operational sooner now that I have some specific applications to run and not just benchmarks.
guns and drugs
TIL it’s illegal to buy guns in the U.S. if you hold a medical marijuana card...
Here's a beautiful little hardware project to start your day:
Neoliberalism has conned us into fighting #climatechange as individuals | Martin Lukacs | Environment | The Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/environment/true-north/2017/jul/17/neoliberalism-has-conned-us-into-fighting-climate-change-as-individuals
@jjg @nolan I wanted to make the exact same comment, twitter rage mobs are a thing but this thing went a lot wider than twitter with good reason and this whole article is doing some “both sides” reasoning, in which two sides only exist if you buy in to the racist logic of these hitler youth kids. A native american person isn’t a liberal and by definition the anti-thesis of an immigrant.
it's time for my favourite game, Windows or Capitalism, where we try to guess whether a statement applies to windows or capitalism
- it's obnoxiously expensive for no reason
- corporate monopolies allow the big companies to stamp out alternatives and present themselves as the only option, driving up prices to ridiculous levels
- you are constantly pressured to spend money. in fact, if you don't have money, you can't participate at all
- advertisements are a fundamental element of the system
- most people who have souls despise it, but remain complacent because "what are the alternatives? this is the way things are"
- the mere mention of the names of alternatives disgusts many people
- the people in charge don't give a shit about you
trick question!! all of these statements apply to windows AND capitalism!!!!!
Sunbeam City is a anticapitalist, antifascist solarpunk instance that is run collectively.