All the boycotting of Eurovision 2019 which actually matters (by musicians, trade unions, tourists, etc) has already been happening for months.
Did you buy a ticket to go there? No? Good. Many of the people in the audience today are Israeli soldiers and citizens who got free tickets. They didn't have the spike in tourism that Eurovision host countries normally get.
Did you pay attention to all of the branding and propaganda that Israel were doing? No? Also good. They've done their best to try and hide their darker side. I trust nobody's falling for it.
tl;dr whether or not you were watching the broadcast, it was already a huge failure regardless
For those who want to do more than just posting their opinions on social media, here are some things which can actually make a difference...
• Join an actual protest. I have before. Have you?
• A consumer boycott is by far the most effective thing to do. Boycott Israeli products and companies which support Israel (notably Hewlett Packard).
• If you're a student or researcher, boycott them academically too.
• Donate money to the UN to help Palestinian refugees.
• Listen to and amplify Palestinian voices, like https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry
(He and others are one of the reasons I'm not quitting Twitter)
• Support peace building initiatives like Breaking The Silence.
• Here are a few more suggestions from Palestine itself: https://pchrgaza.org/en/?page_id=579
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-BDS-movement-anti-Semitic-and-why (the wiki part, I haven't read the comments)
Yeah I'm German so my connection with the whole topic is more loaded as that of others probably is but still: it's not that easy - 1/2
@InvaderXan Finally but only in german: an article where people from South Africa explore the question if it's fair to compare the Israel/Palestine situation to Apartheid as BDS does https://www.iz3w.org/zeitschrift/ausgaben/359_rechtspopulismus/apartheid
The tldr is no and doing so degrades the suffering from Black South Africa people - 2/2
I would say the broadcast was a bit to much Israeli propaganda. Not that i was expecting anything else, just not that obvious. Also lesson learnd if you want to do military activity do it while everyone is watching you hoste eurovision.
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.