"The Green Anti-Capitalist Front is an alliance of groups and individuals united by a belief that capitalism is one of the core causes of the environmental crisis threatening us all, and that if we do not act soon the costs of that crisis will fall on the poor and powerless."
"We are calling for a broad anti-capitalist environmental movement based around the following points of unity:
1. An existential threat
2. Capitalism is the crisis
3. International class solidarity
4. Building collective power
5. Diversity of tactics
6. Horizontal, bottom-up structures
7. We need a new system"
"We do not have faith that capitalists – or their parliamentarian representatives – will act in time to limit climate change in a meaningful way."
Open Letter to Extinction Rebellion: https://greenanticapitalist.org/2019/03/01/open-letter-to-extinction-rebellion/
Did you set this up?
@GreenandBlack since my friend isn't going to comment directly ill forward her critique that i softly agree with: "they were way too cautious in their critique to the point where it doesn't seem like they're actually critiquing anything; it vaguely mentions repression in a way that could be read as "don't be disruptive" "
I can only quietly encourage you to have a new boat ready before you set fire to the old one.
@GreenandBlack Dope!!! Do you think you could put this on the organisations (sic) page with a short description, under environmental activism?
If you're busy I can get it tonight
@GreenandBlack a couple suggestions:
- Define what NGO, MEDCs and LEDCs are.
- Give a quick introduction to who Extinction Rebellion are.
- Cite specific cases of successful direct action any small gains are good (date, location, organization). This will help the reader understand what you're all about.
- Be more specific in pt. 5 of your critiques of Extinction Rebellion, and how you're different in general.
- "We need a new system" should be in the conclusion instead of its own part.
@GreenandBlack demand number 6 goes against what I would understand to be ‘broad’ as it’s defined, since it could be used to exclude folks on the broader left that aren’t anarchist themselves - even when they agree with everything else.
@clio Maybe it's because XR already covers the top-down side of things?
@GreenandBlack I would also add the critique that XR has been disorganized and not done much in terms of visibility.
@clio Yeah, the open letter doesn't even begin to cover my criticisms of XR, I think they're just trying to be non-sectarian about it.
@GreenandBlack shots fired!
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.