10 Principles of Healing from Trauma Show more
1. Your trauma was your experience, it happened to you, it didn't happen to someone else.
2. Other people are there to listen.
3. You are a sane human being who has lived through insane circumstances.
4. Your thoughts about what happened do not have to form a singular linear narrative.
5. Your feelings do not have to be consistent about it.
6. You can't turn back time.
7. Your creativity is an ally in this.
8. If you need someone else's opinion and feel like you might benefit from it, ask for it.
9. You lead the way and do what you feel is right.
10. Although you may have had a particularly difficult experience, you can learn so much from it.
call for tenants unions Show more
anyone know any good tenants unions in Mississippi, Michigan, Denver, Minnesota, and Australia?
All the speakers at the May 19 rally against the abortion ban in Missouri.
They are all so fucking good y'all. Go watch them.
game of thrones, liberal fuckwads Show more
The thing I hate most about the Game of Thrones finale is how many people have accepted "We can't give the vote to these dumb poors!" as a perfectly valid explanation for withholding human rights.
But then, this is the exact line of argument I saw from liberals complaining about working class people voting for brexit...
"Recently, when I logged into the Mastodon instance sunbeam.city—a “Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance”—I found a photo of someone’s blooming spider plant next to a conversation about the consequences of ethical transparency in hierarchical systems. It struck me as the quintessential early-Internet experience."
its my birthday. give women of colour your money.
don't know a WoC whose fundraiser you want to donate to, or which organisation to support? then consider donating to Southall Black Sisters, a non-profit which supports WoC in East London in cases of domestic abuse, racism, and religious fundamentalism
This pamphlet, 'Too Many of Whom? Too Much of What?' was produced by No One Is Illegal, back in 2010. At the time there were a number of outlets, both mainstream and supposedly ‘radical’ that were pushing the idea that population was one of the main sources of environmental destruction. To confront the argument that controls on migration or on population as a whole was a solution to climate disaster, NOII put together this incredibly well researched, yet relatively easy to read discussion paper.
These arguments have once again began to rear their ugly heads within the environmental movement, and it is important to refute them.
Oof, the IWW's main website desperately needs a redesign
Premiering a new Quickrise NOW! JOIN THE IWW!
@GreenandBlack All just 1 Em traveling forwards and backwards in time.
Lazy Social Ecologist located in Breadinburgh.
Follow me for shite patter and Dialectical Memery.
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.