workers of all countries unite
twelve ways to improve your job (1/4)
1. Workers run the world. Everything would stop without our labour. Withdrawing our labour is our weapon, and the right to run things is our demand.
2. At the same time, most work is a bore. As it is organised in our society, most work kills the spirit and body of the worker, not to mention the mind. But to simply call for a four hour day at eight hours pay is not enough. Who will benefit from the automation that could realise such a demand? Who should control technology’s introduction and integration into the economy? Potentially, we can.
10 Principles of Healing from Trauma
1. Your trauma was your experience, it happened to you, it didn't happen to someone else.
2. Other people are there to listen.
3. You are a sane human being who has lived through insane circumstances.
4. Your thoughts about what happened do not have to form a singular linear narrative.
5. Your feelings do not have to be consistent about it.
6. You can't turn back time.
7. Your creativity is an ally in this.
8. If you need someone else's opinion and feel like you might benefit from it, ask for it.
9. You lead the way and do what you feel is right.
10. Although you may have had a particularly difficult experience, you can learn so much from it.
Black Rose: **Bolivia: Commentary on the Coup Underway**
"With the situation in Bolivia in motion, we offer this brief commentary from a Black Rose/Rosa Negra comrade in Latin America on the current situation. By Romina Akemi I am not going to offer a hot take on the situation in Bolivia. But I can offer an opinion as a historian who has studied Bolivian […] The post B…"
Proposal to amend the 'Behavior' section of our Code of Conduct
so "Behaviour or speech which directly advocates or perpetuates racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, religious sectarianism, or classism" also includes "fascism, authoritarianism, casteism, ageism, linguicism, misogyny, xenophobia, biphobia"
It may also be helpful to link each of these words to definitions in our wiki page.
India pol, article recommendation
I suggest reading this excellently written article if you'd like some insight in how exactly caste and casteism manifests itself in India today. The piece does a great job of relating these traditional indian social structures to ones more familiar to north american audiences, and also does a great job situating them in present-day politics.
Just declaring our support for marginalized communities isn't enough, it's our duty to educate ourselves on how we can do that. Thanks to @h_tejas for sharing the article in the first place.
@Aleums no not at all
This is actually an appreciation post
This refers to the Sikh faith and how they provide food in their gurudwaras (temples /place of worship) to anyone regardless of the religion, gender or any form of discrimination free of cost.
It's called Langar (Google it)
It's being circulated today because its the Sikh faiths founders' (Guru Nanak Dev) 550th birthday.
Kristallnacht in Bolivia by Maria Galindo
"Burning the whiphalas–a flag that represents Indigenous people throughout the continent–of public institutions is a fascist act, but equally fascist is the categorizing of ideas, bodies and spaces under one flag or another."
Anarchist News: **Two anarchists arrested in Belarus for the attack on jail with Molotov Cocktail**
"From Pramen.io In the night from 19 to 20 October unknown people have thrown Molotov cocktail on territory of the prison. The same night two anarchists Nikita Yemelyanov and Ivan Komar were detained on the streets for this attack. I…"
Calling all Glaswegians and Edinburghers!
Living Rent, the Scottish Tenants' Union, is looking for someone to work as an Operational Manager, for £10 an hour at 22.5 hrs/week.
If you're interested or know someone who might be check out the link below:
**Spain's Socialists and Podemos reach preliminary coalition deal**
"The Spanish Socialists have reached an initial agreement to work towards forming a minority government with far-left party Unidas Podemos. The two parties' seats still fall 21 short of the amount needed to govern."
Lazy Social Ecologist.
Follow me for shite patter and Dialectical Memery.
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.