twelve ways to improve your job (1/4)
1. Workers run the world. Everything would stop without our labour. Withdrawing our labour is our weapon, and the right to run things is our demand.
2. At the same time, most work is a bore. As it is organised in our society, most work kills the spirit and body of the worker, not to mention the mind. But to simply call for a four hour day at eight hours pay is not enough. Who will benefit from the automation that could realise such a demand? Who should control technology’s introduction and integration into the economy? Potentially, we can.
10 Principles of Healing from Trauma
1. Your trauma was your experience, it happened to you, it didn't happen to someone else.
2. Other people are there to listen.
3. You are a sane human being who has lived through insane circumstances.
4. Your thoughts about what happened do not have to form a singular linear narrative.
5. Your feelings do not have to be consistent about it.
6. You can't turn back time.
7. Your creativity is an ally in this.
8. If you need someone else's opinion and feel like you might benefit from it, ask for it.
9. You lead the way and do what you feel is right.
10. Although you may have had a particularly difficult experience, you can learn so much from it.
a cats movie, taking andrew lloyd webber music, putting it the hands of tom hooper, making it this horrifying uncanny valley half-cgi half-real mocap thing, having a bunch of cameos with vapid popstars, and on top of all of that SHITE.... JAMES FUCKING CORDEN is in it. The worst human being in existence is in the cats movie which already looked like the worst thing in existence
https://youtu.be/FtSd844cI7U This is so much worse than the Sonic trailer
cis 'allies' / deadnaming /misgendering
I would like cis 'allies' never to talk to me about their trans friends again, particularly trans friends they knew before they came out.
I had to sit through "I preferred him when he was [deadname], [chosen name] is too serious. He was more fun when he was a bloke" today and I'm done with 'allies'. Be better. Call each other out. Don't make trans folk do it, because our positions are often so much more vulnerable than yours.
its important to remember we are all deep in the guts of an evil planet-killing exploitation machine and have never known freedom.
like if anarchists can enact reactionary violence against even each other because they've never known freedom, i think maybe they, and everybody, should have the humility to recognize that we're all grasping in the dark for something and we don't quite know what it feels like.
find @bryn's fursona challenge
uspol, musings on due process
reminder: if due process is revoked for one group -- illegal immigrants, for example -- it can be revoked for everyone. All the government has to do is say you're an illegal immigrant. You say, "but I'm not, and I can prove it" -- but prove it to who?? the government doesn't have to give you a chance to prove it, that's what revoking due process *means.*
But of course, most people who say it's okay to revoke illegal immigrants' due process are white. so.
Votes 4 Children
If you think someone should be barred from participation in a process that directly affects them, because you consider their intellectual capacity beneath you, that's just ableism tbh...
And this isn't even over direct participation! It's over putting an X in a box to decide who makes the decisions for you!
There's a VERY good reason why Youth Assemblies are such a big part of communal functioning in Rojava. Because their opinions and (more importantly) their consent matters
Lazy Social Ecologist located in Breadinburgh.
Follow me for shite patter and Dialectical Memery.
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.