workers of all countries unite
twelve ways to improve your job (1/4)
1. Workers run the world. Everything would stop without our labour. Withdrawing our labour is our weapon, and the right to run things is our demand.
2. At the same time, most work is a bore. As it is organised in our society, most work kills the spirit and body of the worker, not to mention the mind. But to simply call for a four hour day at eight hours pay is not enough. Who will benefit from the automation that could realise such a demand? Who should control technology’s introduction and integration into the economy? Potentially, we can.
10 Principles of Healing from Trauma
1. Your trauma was your experience, it happened to you, it didn't happen to someone else.
2. Other people are there to listen.
3. You are a sane human being who has lived through insane circumstances.
4. Your thoughts about what happened do not have to form a singular linear narrative.
5. Your feelings do not have to be consistent about it.
6. You can't turn back time.
7. Your creativity is an ally in this.
8. If you need someone else's opinion and feel like you might benefit from it, ask for it.
9. You lead the way and do what you feel is right.
10. Although you may have had a particularly difficult experience, you can learn so much from it.
us gun laws/Virginia
With Neither Tyrants Nor Fascists: An #Anarchist Analysis Of The Growing Fight Against Anti-Gun Legislation In Virginia
"... Who advocates for poor gun owners, and those who happen to not be white, or straight, or conservative? Only ourselves. We cannot align with a Democratic political cadre attempting to pass legislation that will felonize us and endanger us to further violence by the police and the Right. And we cannot stand meekly behind the established 2A leadership, keeping quiet as they bicker and rant and platform white nationalists. We know full well that our presence will be tokenized when it is useful and demonized when it is not. ..."
I really need to buy some food but I'm overdrawn so have £0 available and the minimum order is £40. I'm also facing time off work with a bad ear infection so I'm missing out on overtime. Everything is a mess rn and I'm gonna be about £200 short on bills.
I'd appreciate it so much if u can help. 💛
| #BOLIVIA +militarizada |
Hoy 16 de enero. Grotesca movilización del ejército boliviano en el centro de La Paz, sede de gobierno, en las afueras de la catedral de San Francisco. En seis días, los movimientos sociales protestarán aquí contra el golpe de estado.
Tanta antelación en el amedrentamiento demuestra una maquiavélica intervención yankee.
@GreenandBlack "Bosnia is a ticking time-bomb" — macron
aha… okay, might wanna sweep in front of your own porch before vetoing *two* countries' EU negotiations.
"The nationwide general strike in France, now entering its record seventh week, seems to be approaching its crisis point. Despite savage police repression, about a million people are in the streets protesting President Macron’s proposed neoliberal “reform” of France’s retirement system, established at the end of World War II and considered one of the best in the world. At bottom, what is at stake is a whole vision of what kind of society people want to live in — one based on cold market calculation or one based on human solidarity — and neither side shows any sign of willingness to compromise."
@Deiru I can see this, but I can also see the argument for tearing it all down. Urban planning has for over a century now been enforcing hierarchy through architecture, even just in the way streets are designed or where certain infrastructure in a city is placed. I think that creates a limit to how sustainable and horizontally organised a community is able to be, especially given that cities exist as a concentration of capitalist productive power
I am still in a tough financial spot right now, and I need $50, so I can travel to and from a mall. I need to travel there, so I can meet my father for lunch tomorrow. I then have to travel back home from the mall a little later in the day. I would love to be able to travel to and from without any problems rising up.
I need $50 before tonight, if I wanna be able to even travel to and from.
Please help me out:
Cash App: http://cash.me/$NatsumiKitty
scrape meta + bit wider context
This Tweet Called My Back happened 6 yrs ago (omg) but this issue of scraping data and twoots isn't necessarily new, mining Tl's for content ain't either.
TTCMB was a moment in which prominent Blk, Indigenous, WOC came together and said no more to academics, writers and others w institutional power and access stealing and mining their content to get paid, whilst they got paid dust.
a moment in digital history
@substack what if the chickens were the real barricades all along
@pizzacat gotta go feed the chickens before i go help my friends set up some barricades
Lazy Social Ecologist.
Follow me for shite patter and Dialectical Memery.
Sunbeam City is a Libertarian Socialist solarpunk instance. It is ran democratically by a cooperative of like-minded individuals.